Thursday, October 16, 2008

How Thomas became Dusty E. Bunny (Part 1)



Hello. Since I enjoyed reading about all the other wonderful bunnies out there, I decided to tell you about Dust E. Bunny (aka Dusty) and her hus-bun Mr. Bean.


About one year ago, I found Dusty hopping around a busy downtown street. I was working at small hotel and the doorman spotted her eating the flowers at the Cartier Jewllery store (Dusty has expensive tastes!) To make a long story short, the cafe next door caught her and I took her home after work.


Since she was the first pet I had ever had, I had to learn quickly about what care rabbits would need. First we needed a name. The street she was found on was call St. Thomas, so we named her Thomas.


I needed an expert to help me so I called my good friend Ana Maria. Ana Maria is a native of Peru and raised rabbits (for food) in her homeland. She came the next day and told me many things about the care and feeding of rabbits. At the end of the night she checked out the business end of the rabbit (she picked Thomas up by the back legs) and told me I would need a new name. Thomas was a female, so I decided to rename her Dust E. Bunny.


That was in June of 2007. Thomas was a girl so I was now sharing my apartment with a big, beautiful 10 pound female rabbit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen!! Welcome to the blogosphere!! Can't wait to read more about Dusty and Bean!!